photo RSMAtnWebAdRed13.jpg

Severe Head Trauma, Jhon Franfund’s Story of Survival

Dr. Rodolfo Guerrero

By Dr. Rodolfo Guerrero, MD.

Did you know that almost every three seconds someone suffers severe head trauma, and that for every three people who suffer a fall and a blow to the head, one has to be operated on? Did you know that damage to the brain is irreversible?

“Severe Head Trauma, Jhon Franfund’s Story of Survival”
By Dr. Rodolfo Guerrero
Thu, Aug 17, 4–5:30pm
Teatro Santa Ana, La Biblioteca
Reloj 50A
100 pesos

At present, there are more than 1.5 million head injuries a year, of which 1.3 million will leave aftereffects recorded in patients ranging from not being able to speak, walk, or see, as well as loss of independence. Of these cases, 52 percent are preventable and the remaining 48 percent are not. The good news is that the great majority can be avoided by exercising precaution and knowing what to do and whom to go see in case of cranial trauma.

Dr. Guerrrero will talk about what to do and what not to do after an incident of cranial trauma, and he will present his patient’s personal head trauma story of survival. Jhon Franfund, resident of San Miguel de Allende, will join us to discuss how he overcame a terrible and unfortunate assault in San Miguel, which resulted in a gunshot wound to the head.

Dr. Rodolfo Guerrero specializes in neurosurgery. He trained at the General Hospital of Mexico and obtained his degree at UNAM. He did a fellowship in cerebrovascular surgery in São Paulo, Brazil. He is certified by the Mexican Council of Neurological Surgery. Dr. Guerrero has published several scientific articles, including “The Estimated Time for Epilepsy Surgery of the Temporal Lobe.”

Please make reservations at or call Mx. cell: 415 108 0810 or Vonage 971 327 7187.

The Medical Lecture Series is presented by Peace of Mind in San Miguel and H+ Hospital San Miguel. Every second Thursday of the month, local board certified doctors will offer key information on how to treat and prevent chronic illness, accidents, and common ailments.

Peace of Mind in San Miguel is a community service project created by Melanie Lansing and Clementina Beas, who are devoted to raising awareness among the English-speaking community on how to be prepared for medical emergencies in San Miguel.

Comments are closed

 photo RSMAtnWebAdRed13.jpg
 photo RSMAtnWebAdRed13.jpg

Photo Gallery

 photo RSMAtnWebAdRed13.jpg
Log in | Designed by Gabfire themes All original content on these pages is fingerprinted and certified by Digiprove