“Ghouls for Schools” Halloween Gala
By Donna Fullerton
This Halloween, Feed the Hungry San Miguel will be “raising spirits” in more ways than one! Help us scare up funds for new school kitchens in San Miguel’s poorest communities—and have a great time doing it. Net proceeds from just one ticket to the Ghouls for Schools Halloween Gala will provide 116 hot school-lunches for San Miguel’s poorest children!
Feed the Hungry Halloween Gala
Mon, Oct 31, 5:30–10:30pm
El Cincuenta y Ocho Restaurant & Concert Bar
Tickets: US$85/1,500 pesos
or 10 tickets for US$75/1,300 pesos each
La Conexión: all locations
Solutions: Recreo 11
La Victoriana: Hernández Macías 72, int. 1
This benefit will enable Feed the Hungry to continue providing 4,000 hot, nutritious meals every school day and to extend their reach to additional rural villages. Feed the Hungry’s nutritionists are currently in the field evaluating the health (height, weight, level of malnutrition) of children in several schools to determine where the need is greatest.
Come as you are—or in costume!
On October 31, starting at 5:30pm at El Cincuenta y Ocho Restaurant & Concert Bar at Mesones 58, join us for:
- Delicious tapas, wine, beer, soft drinks in Hell’s Kitchen
- Feed the Hungry chef’s treats in Heaven’s Kitchen
- Live music and dancing
- Special performance of Phantom of the Opera songs by soprano Gabriela Perales (7:30pm)
- Professional photo (posed in a coffin!) by Michael Amici (5:30–7pm)
- Souvenir tarrito
And for a few pesos more …
- Raffles for generous gift certificates from Aperi, Berlin, Casa Frida, El Vergel, Firenze, La Cucina di Afrodita, La Parada, Tacos Don Felix, Tapas SMA, The Restaurant, Zumo, & 1826 Restaurant
- Face painting by makeup artists
- Penca y Piedra Mezcal shots
- Cash bar for liquor
It’s going to be a devilishly good time—get your tickets before they run out!