photo RSMAtnWebAdRed13.jpg

60th Anniversary of La Biblioteca

By Sandra Ríos

The Biblioteca Pública de San Miguel will share various activities with the community of San Miguel and celebrate its 60th anniversary throughout the month of November. All events will be free.

November 7:

4pm. Arturo Morales will project photographs and give a talk at the Quetzal room on the theme “200 years of images of San Miguel de Allende.”

5pm. “Yesterday and Today Photography,” archived photos of the Biblioteca Pública from its inception to today will be shown at Cafe Santa Ana.

6pm. Musician Diego Mendez Guerrero will give a guitar concert at Sala Quetzal.

November 8:

10am. Workshop to decorate cupcakes at Cafeteria Santa Ana, for children 10 years and older. The Biblioteca will provide the materials.

November 10:

5pm. Teacher Leobardo Aboytes will offer a small concert with guitar workshop for students of the Biblioteca, in the courtyard.

5:30pm. Recital by the Children’s Choir of the Biblioteca Pública, led by teacher Ramiro Granados, in Sala Quetzal.

November 11:

5pm. Storytelling for children led by narrator Magdalena Pérez, in the courtyard of the Biblioteca.

November 12:

5pm. Presentation of magicians Sud-Har Chambiar and Rhascar- Hurticar. Magical comedy for all audiences, in the courtyard of the Biblioteca.

November 14:

5pm. Exhibition of paintings by Biblioteca workshop art students. Eleven children between 7 and 15 years old will show their work with techniques ranging from oil painting to acrylic.

Their art will be on sale; 60 percent of the proceeds dedicated to continuing the art workshop. The remaining 40 percent goes to the children.

6pm. Concert of pianist Hermes González who will perform Mexican folk music at Sala Quetzal.

November 15:

Bookselling — the last sale of the year, with very low prices for Spanish and for English books of art, design, cooking, gardening, and photography; all books in excellent condition.

5pm. Presentation of the Mexican film, No quiero dormir sola (She Doesn’t Want to Sleep Alone), by Natalia Beristain. It will have English subtitles and director Beristain will be present.  After the showing, the director will share anecdotes and comments about her film. The film won the best feature film award at the Morelia Film Festival.

November 18:

4pm. Second tournament chess in the courtyard of Biblioteca.

4:30pm and 5:30pm. “Titiritiando Group” from Instituto Estatal de Cultura de Guanajuato (State Institute of Culture in Guanajuato). For all audiences, at Teatro Santa Ana.

November 19:

6pm. Introducing soprano Lupita Leal, will sing compositions by  Maria Griver and Jose Alfredo Jimenez.

November 21:

5pm-9pm. Biblioteca Anniversary Party. There will be raffles of paintings, books, gift certificates, and Biblioteca memberships. Live music by the group Siempre Swing. The restaurant Los Faroles will sell food at very affordable prices.

Comments are closed

 photo RSMAtnWebAdRed13.jpg
 photo RSMAtnWebAdRed13.jpg

Photo Gallery

 photo RSMAtnWebAdRed13.jpg
Log in | Designed by Gabfire themes All original content on these pages is fingerprinted and certified by Digiprove