Three Emerging Artists Merge with Casa de los Ángeles
By Joan Elena Goldberg and Cale Johnstone
September is the month of festivals in San Miguel so why not join us for our multi-faceted community fiesta! Casa de los Ángeles, a free daycare center for indigent women and families, will be celebrating with Estudio Local 37, a new offbeat arts center located in colonia San Antonio.
3 Emerging Artists Merge with Casa de los Ángeles
Fundraiser, silent auction, concert, closing art exhibition party
Wed, Sep 24, 4-7pm
Estudio Local 37
Refugio Sur 37
Colonia San Antonio
Estudio Local 37 strives to support all forms of creative endeavors from artists, musicians, writers; creatives who work outside of the mainstream industry. Throughout August the studio has highlighted stained glass windows by Craig Fenton Sautto, unique jewelry by Brian Harrison, and glass mosaics from Lino Arteaga, all sanmiguelense fringe artists. We invite you to take this last opportunity to enjoy this exhibition during our closing fiesta and support these hardworking artists.
Casa de los Ángeles is a community of caring people who gather to nurture children, serving the needs of the less fortunate, treating each person with dignity and respect as they work to make a better life for themselves and the community as a whole.
Below is a list of the exciting party offerings which proudly support San Miguel de Allende community arts and businesses:
• Live music: The High Desert Rangers, a rollicking five-piece band which has become popular amongst lovers of American folk-based music from the ‘40s, ‘50s, ‘60s and ‘70s, will bring their special je ne sais quoi to the day.
• Art exhibition: When you purchase a piece of work from the galleries, artists will donate a percentage of the sale to Casa de Los Ángeles.
• Silent auction: Come bid on original artworks and gift items donated by local artists and businesses. We thank Darla, Bagel Café, Hotel El Secreto de Pozos, Mixta, Abrazos, Carolyn Elam, Brian Harrison Jewelry, Dr. Mike Lewis, La Ventana, Ethan and Susan Feldman (Cranial Sacral work), and many others for their donations to our cause.
• Local artisanal foods: Dinner will be for sale from Los Rehiletes Deli, located on Ancha de San Antonio. Owned by entrepreneur Ana Lilia Sánchez, Los Rehiletes Deli is dedicated to buying from local producers so that your food is fresh, organic and sustainable. Also available from the Deli will be jars of marmalade made by women in the campo.
• Casa cocktail and wine bar: Enjoy a refreshing libation served with love by the mothers of children who benefit from Casa de Los Ángeles services.
• Raffle: 20 pesos buys you a shot at winning gifts, original artwork and food!
• Cake Exotica: Absolutely scrumptious slices of homemade cakes will be for sale from Verintort Restaurant. Vera Khrolenok, owner, is a master pastry chef from Russia who has recently opened her new restaurant on calle Codo, next door to the new Coppel store.
Don’t miss this rare occasion! Come spend an enjoyable evening on a delightful flower-filled patio with friends from your community while supporting local artists and small-scale food venders. Proceeds from this event benefit Casa de los Ángeles and Estudio Local 37. Contact Joan Elena Goldberg of Estudio Local 37: 152-3830 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t miss it! Wednesday, September 24, 4-7pm, Casa de los Ángeles, a free daycare center for indigent women and families, will be celebrating with Estudio Local 37, a new off-beat arts center located in Colonia San Antonio.