Six reasons to take the architectural walking tour
By Betse Davies
1. To satisfy the slightest curiosity you might have about the fabulous buildings of San Miguel: You can do this on Thursday, August 21, at 10am when you will meet up with your Patronato Pro Ninos tour guide, the originator of this tour, Jay Moskowitz. He will be in the Jardin across the street from the Parroquia.
2. To cover the exercise angle: You will be treated to a gentle two-and-a-half-hour walk around El Centro with no serious hill climbing involved. The morning tour guarantees the coolest weather you will have all day long.
3. To have a vocabulary of architectural terms: This will cover the four periods of styles that date back four centuries, and you can amaze and delight your friends.
4. To let Jay enrich your architectural experience: He has a fund of stories and facts about the buildings and their builders which, of course, include the Parroquia.
5. To enhance your total experience here in San Miguel, be you resident or tourist.
6. To make a donation of 200 pesos for Patronato Pro Ninos: This non-profit organization has provided free medical and dental care for more than 40 years to the needy children in the outlying areas of San Miguel as well as in the town itself. Our guides contribute as volunteers. When school starts this fall we will have a new dental van visiting the rural areas as well as the existing two vans. Join the tour and get your warm fuzzies!
Thu, Aug 21, 10am
Meet in the Jardin across the street from the Parroquia