Quick as a Fox!
By Gregory Gunter
That’s how quickly July seemed to pass us by—quick as a fox—but it helped when a Fox visited town to pass the time. In this case it was President and Mrs. Vicente Fox, who attended the Patronato Pro Niño’s gala fundraiser, raising funds for children’s health care. Much as the president loves to read, however, he missed the next-day Literary Sala’s book fair at St. Paul’s, which followed on the heels of the Literary Sala’s monthly author readings, both well attended by book lovers and Atención columnists alike!
Gallery openings prove equally popular in this town, especially when the mezcal flows freely, as was the case with Yam Gallery’s exhibition for motorcycle artist—and rider—Heather Johnson. And CaminArte, the monthly art-walk organized by catwalk-ready Daniela Alcázar, continued their Saturday in the Park tradition. When they say “a picture is worth a thousand words,” they mean it!
1. Patronato Pro Niños (PPN) past board members Alice and Floyd Edwards hosted President and Mrs. Vicente Fox at July’s gala fundraiser.
2. PPN past-presidents (left to right) Isobella Kreizel and Jane Sallis flank visitor Joe Whitmore at the gala, Mediterranean Magic.
3. Literary Sala President Susan Page with Book Fair authors Joe Dispenza and Eva Hunter.
4. Book Fair vendors Hannah Jarmain, Children’s Art Foundation founder, with Al Tirado and Judith Jenya.
5. Lit Sala authors John Scherber with playwright and actor Michael Gottlieb.
6. Yam Gallery curator Anja Aronska with Carmelita Diaz and artist Heather Johnson.
7. Art and motorcycle enthusiasts Paige Ramey, Barbara Levine, Heather Johnson, Gaby Green, Carol Jackson, Mariana Peraza, Jen Posner and Art Bone.
8. CaminArte founder Daniela Alcázar with Camino de la Paz President Alejandra Garcia.