The new convention center
Come hear the future!
By Kim Thomas
The Academia International is proud to host the 1st Annual International Student Retreat and Symposium at which high school students from Germany, Russia, Iraq, Italy, Canada, Northern Ireland, Mexico, US, Israel, Peru and Nepal will gather in San Miguel to discuss, debate and then present their views on some of the most pressing issues facing society as a whole. Details on the program can be found at http://sanmiguelsummer.wordpress.com. The Academia is working with a series of International Baccalaureate schools around the world on presenting the retreat, which will be an annual event here in San Miguel. The students will be here for three weeks immersing themselves in San Miguel, so don’t be surprised if one of them may want to interview you!
1st Annual International Student Retreat and Symposium
Tue, Jul 29, Thu, Jul 31, Tue, Aug 5
All at 6-7pm
Tickets at Academia Internacional
Stirling Dickinson 2
Come listen to what this next generation, which will inherit the challenges we are leaving them, has to say about the following:
• Capitalism or Crapitalism? Is capitalism the appropriate system to best deal with such global issues as poverty, climate change, child labor, exploitation, etc? Presented Tuesday, July 29, from 6-7:30pm
• The World From an International Perspective. The pros and cons of international organizations (UN, WTO, UWC) and their impact on politics, economics and education. Presented on Tuesday, July 29, from 6-7:30pm
• International Migration – One´s Threat and Another´s Fortune. Why do 216 million people currently live away from their place of birth? What is it that makes us associate migration with specific feelings and how does migration influence our daily lives? Presented on Thursday, July 31, from 6-7:30pm
• Social Regeneration and Mobility – Achieved by Women Around the World. How does the empowerment of women affect politics, economics, education and other aspects of society? Presented on Thursday, July 31, from 6-7:30pm
• Global Aging – A Celebration and a Challenge. The effects of a globally aging population on economy and politics including future plans and solutions of the issue. Presented on Tuesday, August 5, from 6-7:30pm
•The Digital Divide: Economic and Social Stratification Created by Access to Technology. The effects on a given population based on their access to, use of, or knowledge of information and communication technologies. Presented on Tuesday August 5th from 6-7:30pm
All events will be held at La Casona (the new convention center on Ancha de San Antonio) with two events each of the three evenings. Tickets are 120 pesos per event. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to be part of this global conversation. Tickets are available at the Academia Internacional at Stirling Dickinson 2 or can be reserved by emailing email@example.com.